Romans 10:14-15

14 How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? 15 And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!”

Thursday, April 8, 2010

2010 Summer Ethiopia Missions Trip Support Letter

My name is Alicia Brewer and I am 19 years old. God has done many things in my life, and has used me in many different ways. I have been able to share His love in many countries; Romania twice, Ecuador, and Ethiopia. My heart’s desire is to go where I feel God is calling me, including places where others may not want to go.

Last January, when I was in Ethiopia I was able to be involved with a lot of different ministries all pertaining to those who are broken-hearted and abandoned. On this trip I met an amazing man of God, Samuel, who is the leader of almost all the ministries in the town of Korah, and is the man God has placed in my life for me to be alongside and committed to in all his decisions.

I will be going to Ethiopia May 28th – August 13th. Ten of these days I will be with a church from TN called Thompson Station Church , and starting June 6th I will be doing Vacation Bible Schools periodically with a woman named Sumer Yates and her family. Most of this trip I will be ministering alongside of Sammy to the children and people who live in the trash dump, those who live in the leprosy town Korah, and anyone we come in contact with.

This trip will be $4,861.00. This includes the expenses for my plane ticket, Visa that gets put in my passport, travel insurance, rent, food, money for the guest house I will be staying at with Thompson Station Church mission team, and money for the guest house I will be staying for the other 66 days. I know God is calling me to be on missions to Ethiopia this summer, He has been putting things in my life that continue to confirm this decision. I also know that where God leads, He provides.

I would like to ask you to be part of this mission trip that I am going on, in a few different ways. First and foremost for your prayer support, and secondly for financial support. I have created this blog page so I can keep you updated on everything God is going to do. Thank you and God bless!

Sincerely,

Alicia Brewer

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alicia - how exciting about your next trip! I will be praying for you!!!

    Can you do me a favor? Please unfollow the help4korah and then click on blog and follow there. Thank you!

    I didn't have time to make the changes before dinner :-)

    God bless!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alicia! I'm so proud of you and what you are doing! I pray that you will get your funding and that you have an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete